The Marigold ring is handcrafted by our artisans in Jaipur, Rajasthan using locally sourced sakht desi meena (hard Indian enamel). The design is inspired by flowers in Mughal gardens and its colours by those used most frequently in Mughal jewellery. The enamel colours used for this ring are Kandhari Anar (pomegranate red), More ki gardan (deep blue) and Asmaani (sky blue). The back features an intricate jaali (net) and an enamelled Anvaaya logo.
Made entirely of Sterling Silver.
Anvaaya jewellery comes with:
- Featured box including drawer(s), designed to double up as storage at home
- Soft travel pouch for storage on the go
- Care instruction card
|Ring Size:||5, 7, 9 (US)|
- Bloom is a love letter to Meenakari (enamelwork). An art-form that came knocking on India's door in early 1200s but truly bloomed in the region now known as Jaipur, Rajasthan during the Mughal dynasty. Characterised by fine aesthetics, immaculate craftsmanship and naturalistic beauty, Meenakari was historically carried out on the reverse of gold and gemstone jewellery, encouraged by art-loving Mughals who inspired artisans in their imperial karkhanas (workshops) to make every aspect of jewellery beautiful, leading to splendid decorations on the reverse of a work of gold. Bloom's designs are inspired by the flowers in Mughal gardens and its colours by those used most frequently in their jewellery.
- The collection is made exclusively in Jaipur by our gifted artisans who have handcrafted Meenakari on each piece. The art-form demands perfection, achieved only through a meticulous step-by-step making process, including hand-filing each piece's ghaat (frame), hand-drawing the floral design using salais (steel styles), engraving of design-outlines by the gharai (engraver), crushing, purifying and applying of the meena (enamel) by the meenakar (enameller), heating each piece at exact temperatures to set the meena and polishing each piece by hand to give the final finish.
- Bloom is a heady mix of precious metals and striking enamel pigments — in the background is gold’s down to earth sister silver, but in the foreground is the real star, Meenakari. Our intention with this collection is to honour the high level of artistic merit entrenched in this art-form but make it accessible to jewellery and art-lovers worldwide.